Search This Blog

Click Category Below for Topic of Interest

Christmas





     "Tempust is fugeting all over the place," to misquote an old Latin quote; the Christmas tempo is soaring as usual and whirling me away with it.  Each year I declare that next year I will start on time; Charley used to say, "It is not enough to run, one must start on time."

     This year's excuse for not starting on time was that I had bronchitis this fall--on antibiotics for 20 days and felt rotten for far longer.  I was just beginning to feel better when Carol, who works in the office with me, came down with the flu, and I covered for her as she had done for me during my sickness.  Right now I am feeling well except for occasionally experiencing pain where I was injured in the fall I had in 1983.  This comes and goes; comes when I over-do and goes when I rest.

     I have resigned my position as Financial Secretary for Our Lady of the Lake Church, but agreed to stay on to train my replacement.  I hope to be entirely free of this responsibility by the end of January.  (Hopefully I won't have to go out in bitter cold and drifting snow this winter.)  Right now we are busy with special charitable collections as well as preparing 1994 contribution envelopes and anticipating end-of-year processes.

     Last August my children surprised me with a grand bodacious birthday party held at the farm of my son, David, including a pig roast.  So many, many relatives and friends came to wish me well.  I was presented with the most unique memorial quilt with matching pillow.  Many different families made quilt blocks for it.  I didn't know so many people cared for me.

     We are having our Shikoski Family Christmas party this year on Sunday, December 26.  I have reserved the Green Lake Senior Citizens' hall for it.  Fran prepares the meat and potatoes, and each family brings a contribution of food.  There is a beautiful large tree already decorated there, and a nice place for the little ones to play where we sit to talk.  The older children can play in the basement which has a shuffle-board and pool table.


     I wish all of you a very pleasant Christmas.  May you feel God's loving presence as Christmas comes, and may God bless all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment