Search This Blog

Click Category Below for Topic of Interest

St. Blaise Day

Dear Fr. Krugman,

     St. Blaise Day is coming up.  Let me tell you of my experience with St. Blaise.

     On the evening of St. Blaise Day I was driving to church to have my throat blessed when another car came very close to hitting me.  I decided what I should really have was protection against auto accidents.  What is a sore throat compared to an auto crash?

     I went up and had my throat blessed but my prayer was more like "St Blaise, if you have any power before the throne of God protect me from auto accidents."

     After the service I talked with a friend while all others left.  As I walked to my car, she also left.  The car would not start!  The church and the rectory were both dark.  No one was around!  The car continued to refuse to start!  I decided to walk home to the farm.

     As I passed the lake a cold  wind blew off the lake, and I was not dressed warm enough to be out in the weather.
    
     The next morning I woke up with the worst sore throat I ever remember having!  When Charlie took me to get the car off the church parking lot, the motor spun over immediately.

     There is a saying, "Be careful what you pray for.  You might get exactly what you pray for!

                              Sincerely,


                              Harriet

No comments:

Post a Comment