Search This Blog

Click Category Below for Topic of Interest

THE BIRTHDAY MASS FR. LEO OFFERED FOR ME


  
               The church has taught for many years
                      This wondrous mystery,
                The pain and suffering Jesus bore
                      He offered up for me.

               Sometimes I shuddered at the thought
                    Of all His tortured pain,
                 How could the Lord agree to such
                   To cleanse my sinful stain?

              Could love there be so great as this,
                       To suffer so and die
                 For such a thoughtless wanderer,
                       Ungrateful one as I?

                    Then Fr. Leo asked himself
                   What gift would she prefer?
                  I know the best; I'll offer up
                     A birthday mass for her.

               Despite clogged vessels in his heart
                       He reverently knelt:
                  How great his effort to endure
                   The pain and weakness felt:

               If man (though priest) can suffer so
                       And offer it for me
                How can I doubt the Lord would too
                     That I from sin be free?

                 How glorious that I should feel
                     God's love embracing me
                 Revealed by him whom He has sent
                     To guide and counsel me.




     Fr. Leo offered up a mass as a birthday present for me when he had serious heart troubles.  My note says it was offered up on August 24, but doesn't give the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment