Search This Blog

Click Category Below for Topic of Interest

DREAMS


                              DREAMS

     AN OLD MAN LOOKED OUT OF THE WINDOW AT A TREE GROWING NEAR THE HOUSE AND SAID, "THE TREE SURVIVED THE BUILDING OF THE HOUSE -- THE HOUSE SURVIVED THE GNAWING OF MICE -- THE MICE SURVIVED THE TRAPPING OF MEN -- AND MEN SURVIVED THE COMING OF CHRIST.  MEN ARE NOT PERFECT BUT CHRIST IS PERFECT.  MEN SURVIVED BECAUSE OF THE GOODNESS OF CHRIST, NOT BECAUSE THEY DESERVED TO.
     These words came to me in a dream-like state.  I seemed to see the old man look out of the window and heard his words.

     THE NEXT DAY IS NEVER FREE WITHIN YOU.
          This also came in a dream-like experience.


     IT IS RESENTMENT, MORE THAN FEAR, THAT SPOILS OUR LAST DAYS ON EARTH.
     This came to me when sitting in a chair contemplating what it would be like to die.  It impressed on me that at that time I harbored too much resentment.  It would not be well for my soul to die at that time.


     I SHALL END MY DAYS A SINGING
     I SHALL END MY DAYS A SINGING
     I SHALL END MY DAYS A SINGING
     I SHALL END, I SHALL END,
     I SHALL END MY DAYS A SINGING OF THE LORD.
          In a dream-like state I heard this song being sung.


          HOW COULD THE SON LEAVE HEAVEN'S COURT
          HIS GRAND EXALTED, KINGLY PLACE,
          DESCEND SO FAR TO EARTHLY WOE
          TO SAVE THE WRETCHED HUMAN RACE?


     The other day I was in church with a blank mind when the words "I have brought you out of the land of Egypt" impressed themselves upon me.
     At first I was going to push them out of my mind immediately as having no relevancy to me or my life.  What had I to do with the Israelites being led out of Egypt long before the birth of Christ?  These words kept nagging me until I began to understand their message.  My life had been an analogy of the Israelites escaping Egypt, wandering in the desert and entering the Promised Land.
     Out of vast nothingness He brought me forth into the world.  In my wanderings He brought me into the Promised Land of the People of God.  When I was ignorant, He taught me.  When I was rebellious, He chastised me.  When I was crying, He consoled me.  Though I have murmured and railed against Him in my selfishness and waywardness, He has gently led me back.

     My life is but a journey.  May I not stray from the way He shows, but walk with Him in peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment