Search This Blog

Click Category Below for Topic of Interest

I wrote a poem for Charlie

                   I wrote a poem for Charlie
                    I tried so hard to please
                 But he doesn't think I wrote it;
                   "With a magazine it agrees."

                     He doesn't think a woman
                    With little twins and Dick
                   Had brains to write a poem;
                 (Her brains are much too thick.)

                   Oh Charlie don't be skeptic
                    Nor think I laugh at you.
                   I'm writing this to show you
                   That my other poem was true.




     This was written when Charlie told me he didn't think I had written, "The Skies Are Blue."
     I wrote this to let him know I did have talent to write poetry when inspired.


No comments:

Post a Comment