Search This Blog

Click Category Below for Topic of Interest

The other day I was in church with a blank mind when

  The other day I was in church with a blank mind when
     the words "I have brought you out of the land of Egypt"
     impressed themselves upon me.

          At first I was going to push them out of my mind
     immediately as having no relevancy to me or my life. 
     What had I to do with the Israelites being led out of
     Egypt long before the birth of Christ?

          These words kept nagging me until I began to
     understand their message.  My life has been an analogy
     of the Israelites escaping Egypt, wandering in the
     desert and entering the Promised Land.

          Out of vast nothingness He brought me forth into the
     world.  In my wanderings He brought me into the Promised
     Land of the People of God.  When I was ignorant He taught
     me.  When I was rebellious He chastised me.  When I was
     crying He consoled me.  Though I have murmured and railed    
   against Him in my selfishness and waywordness, He has
     gently led me back.

          My life is but a journey.  May I not stray from the
     way He shows, but walk with Him in peace.
     



     Date written unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment